2.25.2011

It's Birthday Time Again


February is birthday month at the conk home. I have 3 birthdays to blog but I just can't wait to blog chronologically. This was the last of the birthday's this month but by far the cutest, therefore I just can't wait to blog it. Knowing that I was going to be gone for Samantha's birthday I decided to break my party rules of only throwing parties on the 3rd, 5th, 8th, 12th, and 16th birthdays. I have this rule because, if you know me you know, I don't know how to throw "small" parties. I love details and all the little extra touches that make a party special. I would love to throw all my family parties every year but that would literally consume my life. So for Sam's 11th birthday we had a Valentines/Birthday party. It was super fun and thanks to my fabulous sister in law Jamie I was able to throw together a pretty cute afternoon.

Photobucket

The girls played "Guesstimation" where they had to guess the amount of candies in the container, there were M&M's, Peanut M&M's and Recees peanut butter hearts. I had to count over a thousand plain m&m's and over 500 peanut ones. It was a bit of a long night, and my will power was definitely tried only to fail to the temptation of all the chocolatey goodness. We played af ew other games including who could build the tallest tower of large conversation hearts and used chopsticks to see who could get the most in a minute. We made really cute necklaces with large gum balls, I'm really mad I didn't get a shot of those!! They were so cute! The girls also split up into 2 teams and dressed on of each of the girls into the queen of hearts using tissue paper, streamers and heart doilies.

Photobucket

The food table was so cute thanks to Jamie's decorations. The apothecary jars filled to the brim with candy and "Be Mine" were the best part! My favorite part of the whole party was being told that my cupcakes were too pretty to eat!
Photobucket


For dinner the girls each made a personal pizza. It was fun but i was very poor in my planning, we ran out of cheese and I even burned the last 3 pizzas because I got distracted. Sometimes ADD really sucks. If you were wondering though when you are in a hurry to have rice krispy treats cool, don't put them in the fridge, they become hard and are never chewy again!! I just noticed in the picture of Sam blowing out her candles you can see the necklaces we made!! All in all it was a really fun party!


Photobucket


4 comments:

k8theriver said...

very well done.
(i know what party blog you read.)

k8theriver said...

oh, and i wish you lived by me so you could throw my parties. i always have good plans but am not so good at pulling them off.

Melanie said...

What a fantastic party! It looks beautiful, festive and fun. Hope Sam had a very happy day.

Bzobrist said...

Um..... Where did you get that red & white swirled cake platter and why have you been hiding it from me?