9.16.2010

Thankful Thursday

Welcome to my new feature posting. Thursdays have been dubbed "Thankful Thursday's" from now on. In an effort to be more grateful each Thursday I will post about something I am thankful for. Today I am thankful for the fact that Bonnie swallowed a metal washer not a battery. As some of you may know from facebook we spent last night in the ER. Let me back track a bit, Terry and I were at open house for the middle school when we received a text from Samantha that Bonnie had swallowed a battery. Colby had SEEN it in her mouth and she choked and swallowed it a few seconds later. We came home, called the pediatrician's office who paged a nurse and she said we needed to take her to the ER. I was a bit concerned, Terry, not so much! At the hospital they took some x-rays and it showed us that she indeed had something metal inside but it was not a battery. It looks to be a washer of some sort which highly resembles a battery to Colby! They discharged us telling us to watch for her to "pass" it. That oughta be fun! It could have been so much worse, had it been an actual batter they would have had to done an endoscope to get it out! So here I am thanking the fact that I have to watch for a metal washer while pumping my daughter with apple juice and raisin bran!Photobucket

4 comments:

The World Famous Marx Family said...

poor baby...ASHTON ALMOST SWOLLED A QUARTER ONCE, BUT IT GOT PARTIALLY DOWN AND FORTUNATLY HE GAGGED IT BACK UP.
Hope it passes easily ;-)


(Sorry about the all caps)

jenny m said...

ha ha ha! this was us a month or so ago with emmy and a quarter. sorry friend!

Lisa Heuer said...

holy cow... the joys of parenting! She is adorable so that counts for something! : )

Heather Moll said...

I love the idea of Thankful Thursdays. That is awesome.

And I'm so glad she's okay and it wasn't a battery. Our little guy swallowed a ball bearing a couple months ago and we had to get an x-ray done too. Monkeys!